Welcome to blogging!

Many of you are probably New to blogging, so I will share a quick video that explains what this recent web trend is all about. What is a blog?

So even if you are not so new at this and know how ( & why) to blog, as part of this class we are going to learn some of the ins & outs of blogging; the hows, the whys and the what fors. It will be a learning process that I hope will strengthen your tech skills, your writing skills and your overall communication skills both in and outside of the classroom. We will start out slow and simple. For your first task ,simply view the video. If you don’t have access to YouTube,try this link on mediocore.

Then be prepared to ask me any questions in class.  Nothing on line yet, but it’s coming…. 🙂 Mrs. C

41 thoughts on “Welcome to blogging!

1. I’m excited to blog about something that I’m actually interested in. However, I can’t be sure about how I will feel about blogging on assignments that are given to us that we MUST do.

2. I am partially excited to begin blogging, but at the same time I don’t really know how I am going to feel about it by the end of class.

3. I’m not going to enjoy this. I am not one for social media, I’m just not one for technology in general. This part of the class will be very hard to keep up with.

4. I understand your concerns, but blogging is no different than any other social media. Be sure to only post what you feel comfortable with!
    🙂

5. I knew what a blog was before watching this video but never really got into it. I don’t like the idea of people I don’t know looking at my thoughts, points and experiences. its kind of creepy actually.

6. I have learned that blogging is a great way to express your feelings in text. It’s also a great way to give your opinions on things like school, movies, games…anything.

1. Hmmm,not exactly how I remember it. But I did say to write whatever you want. So that’s ok, cuz you have now gotten started, and you will just keep getting better!

7. i feel like I have a lot to say but im am too lazy to be consistent. I would try but unless it brings me up or really gets to me I don’t see it being a habit. I like to speak my thoughts in one on ones so people truly get my point of view or that people understand to a point where I feel they understand

8. I think blogging is an easier way for people to communicate to others. You can create your own personal blog anyway you want.

9. the article I found was when blogging started to become popular and also gave me tips on how to make my blog better and interesting.

10. I learned that blogs have more than one main part. All of the other blogs I have done for school only had the main articles we wrote and nothing else. It seems to me that these will have more.

11. The video was kind of helpful. It was nice not to have it be boring, it was colorful and fun. I think that the blog was semi-helpful.

12. Blogging is really helpful to get your ideas onto a blog post so people can help comment and help revise it if it needs to be revised.

13. With my own blog already in creation since last year, I already understood and knew well the basics discussed in class. However, I know that I am hoping to learn some valuable information that I can incorporate into my own blog, like more widgets.

14. I learned that blogging is a way to share and express your thoughts with people through the internet. With blogs, people can exchange opinions and ideas online.

15. I learned that blogging is a way for people to share their thoughts and opinions with others and receive feedback over the web.

16. I learned how to use a blog and what a blog is all about, and people use blogging as a way to express their feelings or thoughts.