Customize your Menu

In the setup of your blogs, you were asked to add an ABOUT page. Some themes automatically add this new page to your main menu….Some themes do not. In order for your viewers and followers to see this page, you may have to manually add the page link  to the menu.

On our class blog, Mrs. C’s Class Connection, the menu is at the top as illustrated here:

As you can see, I have  “About This Blog” and “Tips for Success & Safety” which are both pages displayed on my Menu. I also have a “Technology of Blogging”, “DTP” and “Student Challenge” tabs . These are categorized posts added as a custom item to the menu. This is just one way you can organize your posts.

To add your ABOUT page to your menu, go to Appearance>Menus from your dashboard:

Capture2menu

You will see :

menu3

Check your ABOUT page, then Add to Menu

You can do the same with Categories to organize posts. Click the down arrow on Categories to open the screen. Check the ones you want to show on your menu and click Add to Menu. 

Be sure to SAVE MENU before you exit. That should do it!

View your blog to be sure you were successful!

Note: you must add Categories and assign Categories to your Posts for them to display on your custom menu.

Additional instruction on customizing menus can be found in Edublog Help. 

Or just ask me about it in class Or add a comment to this post 🙂

….as always, HAPPY BLOGGING!

Mrs. C.